ExportXMLMetadata.exe gone?

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
wimneel

ExportXMLMetadata.exe gone?

Post by wimneel »

I recently updated from CSPro 7.5 to 7.6.
I just found out that ExportXMLMetadata.exe is no longer available from C:\Program Files (x86)\CSPro 7.6.
And using the 7.5 version of ExportXMLMetadata.exe on an aplication developed in CSPro 7.6 does not seem to work.
What am I missing?
Gregory Martin

Re: ExportXMLMetadata.exe gone?

Post by Gregory Martin »

That's correct. If you need the old version, you can find it here: https://www.csprousers.org/downloads/

With CSPro 7.6, all question text moved from RTF to HTML formats, which broke that tool. Because that wasn't a formally released tool, we did not want to spend the time to make it work with this new format. The next version of CSPro should have a questionnaire printer that will implement one of the things that ExportXMLMetadata was used for.

What did you use the tool for? Perhaps there might be a workaround.
wimneel

Post by wimneel »

Thanks for your reply.
I used ExportXMLMetadata to export my application to HTML format and than converted HTML to PDF to have a "paper version" of the questionnaire.
A questionnaire printer would, of course, be the best solution.
But in the meantime, is there a way for me to "print" my 7.6 questionnaire?
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

I created a temporary solution for you to print a 7.6 questionnaire. Download and unzip this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i1Iya_ ... AtpzJPjiz/

If you run the Questionnaire Printer program, it will ask you for the name of a data entry application or form file. Once you supply one, you'll get a text file report of the "printed" questionnaire. It is text so it doesn't look particularly nice, but it will allow you to review your questionnaire.

If you want to automate this, run the program as in:
"Questionnaire Printer" "name-of-data-entry-application.ent"
wimneel

Post by wimneel »

Thank you very much, Gregory!
I'll try it out and come back to you.
wimneel

Post by wimneel »

The Questionnaire Printer needs mfc140u.dll to run; I found it in the CSPro 7.6 program files folder.
The Printer works and having a text file of the questionnaire is better than nothing.
Thank you very much for your help.