CSPro 7.6 released

CSPro News
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
aaronw

CSPro 7.6 released

Post by aaronw »

New versions of CSPro, CSEntry, and CSWeb have been released!
RAKOTOVAO

Re: CSPro 7.6 released

Post by RAKOTOVAO »

Bonjour,
comment fixer le problème de WebView 2 SDK non compatible
Attachments
Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (23.77 KiB) Viewed 5551 times
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

The CSPro 7.6 installer is supposed to automatically install Edge automatically, but if it does not, you can install it yourself. Go here:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/m ... ad-section

You can select Evergreen Bootstrapper -> Download. Once the installer downloads, run it and you should be able to open CSPro. What this does is install components of Microsoft Edge (the browser) to be used for HTML question text in CSPro 7.6.
RAKOTOVAO

Post by RAKOTOVAO »

Merci beacoup
RAKOTOVAO

Post by RAKOTOVAO »

Bonjour,

Avant, avec la fonction maketext nous pouvons écrire maketext("%v<br>%v",x,z) pour ajouter un saut de ligne entre les deux variables. Avec CSPro 7.6 ça ne marche plus au niveau CAPI.

Est ce qu'il y a une autre option?

Merci
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

In the question text fill, use ~~~ instead of ~~, and then you can use HTML in your fill. For example, your fill could be:

~~~maketext("<b>Some bold text</b><br>On the next line, here are some numbers: %d %d", 2021, 740)~~~
Bibi

My application crashes when running on tablet

Post by Bibi »

Dear all,

The attached application runs without any problem on desktop; but on tablet, it crashes systematically at different points each time (more often in section I, section K ...) displaying the message: "CSentry has stopped... "or" unfortunately CSentry has stopped... ".

Do you think there is any connection between this message and the logic of my application?

Otherwise to what could I attribute this concern which prevents me from using the application?

Thank you for your help
Attachments
PecheurBaseline08052021.zip
(76.98 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

I don't see anything in your application that looks problematic. Sections I and K are repeating forms, but you use them elsewhere as well, so that doesn't strike me as the reason for an issue there.

If you can send us a case that is partially saved close to where the error generally occurs, we can try to test on Android, but as is it is hard to test because we would have to run through a lot of logic, and as you say, the problem doesn't always occur at the same location.
Bibi

Post by Bibi »

Merci Greg pour ta réponse rapide comme toujours.

J'ai remarqué que I3 de la section I et M7 de la section M sont des variables à occurrence multiple à l'interieur d'enregistrements (I et M) multiples eux-mêmes.

Alors, j'ai transformé I3 et M7 en autant de variables dichotomiques qu'elles ont d'occurences en évitant d'avoir des boucles à l'interieur d'un enregistrement multiple; cela a rendu l'application plus stable et les tablettes ne se plantent absolument plus.

Je ne sais pas si tu penses qu'il y a une relation de cause à effet entre le fait d'avoir une
(ou des) variable (s) à occurrence (traité en checkbox) à l'intérieur d'un enregistrement multiple et la stabilité de CSentry tournant sur tablette android. Merci de me faire savoir si tu en as la moindre idée.

Cordialement
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

No I don't think we would have been concerned about having checkboxes within a multiply-occurring record. If you're able to reproduce the issue with any regularity that would be helpful in our investigation.