CASI |(or CAWI) surveys

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

CASI |(or CAWI) surveys

Post by AriSilva »

Computer Assisted Self Interview (or Computer Assisted Web Interview), I´m not sure which one is more appropriate (or more used) in the literature.
Are you envisaging of having a CSEntry for that in the near future?
I´m asking that because I´ve heard the Survey Solutions have a version for a survey using the internet, although I do not know if it is useable or not.
Best
Ari
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Re: CASI |(or CAWI) surveys

Post by Gregory Martin »

We've talked about implementing a CAWI version of CSEntry but no funding has come through for such a task. That could change in the future, though porting CSEntry to a useable web version would take quite a while, so I wouldn't expect any CAWI system for a few years (at a minimum). Maybe in time for the 2030 round of censuses... :D
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

If we survive until there.
2 bad
I understand that it is a completely different environment, it is not a simple task to migrate there, but, who knows, in these pandemic times the future is in the internet.
Best
Ari
nlxlee

Post by nlxlee »

I'm also interested in this feature. Hope it comes sooner than 2030. The closest I have tried is developing a web application then using swagger to submit the entries on csweb server. Unfortunately the form features ae quite limited in comparison to what one dan do on CSPro's CAPI.