Error using cspro deploy application

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
blumski

Error using cspro deploy application

Post by blumski »

Hello dear users
While deploying my application which has many forms, I get this error message : Unable to open Team.dct which is one of the dictionaries I have. What can be the problem ?
I want to deploy to the local folder before using ftp.
josh

Re: Error using cspro deploy application

Post by josh »

Most likely your application uses a dictionary named Teams which is missing from the application. Did you copy or move the application and forget to bring the file Teams.dcf?
blumski

Post by blumski »

The Team dictionary is linked to the menu and the household application by "Add files" option.

By the way, my next question is this :
Is it possible to download the application from the server (ftp) to the mobile device while this application was put manually (using for instance file zila) in the server.
josh

Post by josh »

It depends on the directory structure you used when you copied the files manually to the device. When you download from the server it puts the files in a folder under csentry that is named based on the package name that you set in the Deploy Applications too. For example if you set the package name to "my package" it will be downloaded to the directory csentry/my_package. So if you can make the package name match the folder that you used when you copied the files manually it should work. If not, you will end up with two copies of the application on the device.
blumski

Post by blumski »

Thanks dear josh for all your answers.
What I want is this : if I put the application manually in the server, am I going to be able to download it with the tablet ? If yes, is there a file structure to respect ?

I'm also sending an example file of my application so that you may help me find out why it refuses to deploy with the "Deploy application".
josh

Post by josh »

Your best bet then is to deploy the application to a tablet using Dropbox, see what the directory structure is and then use EXACTLY the same directory structure. As I mentioned, the package name you specify in the Deploy Applications Tool is used to determine the directory name so make sure to use the same package name every time you deploy. You can save the deployment spec file and reuse it to make sure you don't change the package name.
blumski

Post by blumski »

The problem is that i can not use "deploy application" tool with my application. So i want to put the application manually in the server.
josh

Post by josh »

Oh, I thought you wanted to manually put the application on the tablet, not on the server. You can't put the application manually on the server. You need to use Deploy Application. Please send the application so we can figure out why the deploy fails.
blumski

Post by blumski »

Here is a small example of my application.
While deploying my application which has many forms, I get this error message : Unable to open Team.dct.
Attachments
App.rar
(517.04 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
josh

Post by josh »

I was able to deploy those files with no errors using CSPro 7.5.1. I just dragged and drop the folder on the files window of the Deploy Applications tool, entered a package name and clicked deploy. Please try that. If it doesn't work please save the deployment file from the Deploy Applications tool and post it here so I can reproduce the problem.