Download additional cases (data) in dropbox

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
nimbona

Download additional cases (data) in dropbox

Post by nimbona »

Dear CSPRO users, i am using CSPRO 7.4.1 and i synchronise in dropbox. For the first time, i have download data case but when i want to download addition data that interviewer are collecting, i see this error " you must first syncconnect () before calling any other synchronization" Can you help me please. I aggree that i have done some modification in dictionnary but not changing length of any variable, adding or deleting.
Thank you
Gregory Martin

Re: Download additional cases (data) in dropbox

Post by Gregory Martin »

How are you trying to download the data? Are you using Data Viewer?

Note that the data storage format has changed from CSPro 7.4 to CSPro 7.5. If your interviewers are using Android devices that automatically updated to CSEntry 7.5, then you must use CSPro 7.5 to download the data.
nimbona

Post by nimbona »

Dear Martin, i am using data view. Interviewer are using android where i have install csentry 7.4. For the first time, i hade get data using data view but for the moment it is impossible
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Are you sure they have CSEntry 7.4? Unless you turned off automatic updating, the version may have automatically moved to version 7.5.

If you confirm that they are using version 7.4, can you send your sync.log file to cspro@lists.census.gov. Here are instructions for finding the log: http://www.csprousers.org/posts/2017-08 ... cspro.html
haddii

Post by haddii »

Did you ever get a solution to this problem @Nimbona?

Because i am getting the same error, when i try to "add application" using the QRcode in the android "CSPro CSEntry". As a matter of fact the application doesn't scan the QRcode so when your tired of waiting it pops-up the error "you must first call synconnect() before calling any other ..."
sherrell

Post by sherrell »

What version of CSPro did you use to create your application, and what version of CSEntry did you use to attempt the install with on your Android?

Thanks.