Accessing the csdb files directly in the server

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

Accessing the csdb files directly in the server

Post by AriSilva »

Hi folks,
Is there a way to access the csdb files directly in the server using sqlite comands?
I think I already posted an issue on this subject, but reading the What´s New in cspro 7.5, the last item "CSWeb can convert case data to MySQL/MariaDB relational tables using a command line process, allowing for more dynamic reporting" directed me to the command line process help, and I´m not sure that is the way to access the csdb file in the server.
Also, I tried to go there and test the thing by adding a configuration, but my knowledge about the questions that are being asked prevented me to finish it.
Could you give me a more in depth example of what is being asked, and later, how do I explore / use the access to the database?
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Re: Accessing the csdb files directly in the server

Post by Gregory Martin »

Nope. No file is stored on the server in SQLite format. You can break out the case data into MySQL tables using this process:

https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSWeb/d ... tings.html

That will allow you to query the data using MySQL, but the only way to query data using SQLite is to download the data to your machine and then query it locally.