Keyboard displayed for a radio button field

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Anne

Keyboard displayed for a radio button field

Post by Anne »

Hi,
I'm working on an app that goes back and forth between a menu with radio buttons that are made dynamically - and other forms in my questionnaire.
The value set of the menu is built in an "onfocus" of the menu field (as the preproc is not run when going back with "reenter")

And it looks OK when the app is starting, but when returning after filling in a part of the questionnaire, both the radio buttons and a keyboard is displayed (see attachment).

Is there a way I can get rid of the keyboard so that only the radio buttons are displayed?

Regards,
Anne
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-09-23-11-31-00.png
Screenshot_2020-09-23-11-31-00.png (70.5 KiB) Viewed 2750 times
josh

Re: Keyboard displayed for a radio button field

Post by josh »

Unfortunately the keyboard display seems to vary a bit from device to device. In theory, if there are no text fields on the screen Android is not supposed to show the keyboard and that seems to work correctly on many Android devices, in particular Google's own Pixel phones, but on other devices where the manufacturers have replaced the standard Android keyboard with their own, it doesn't always follow that rule.
Anne

Post by Anne »

How annoying!

But thanks very much anyway. At least I'm going to stop spending time on this issue.
vgonzalez

Post by vgonzalez »

This has happened to me in the same way with items with RadioButtons or with CheckBox, however, what I have been able to identify so far is that it usually happens after leaving the focus of a TextBox Input Control, which has been difficult for me to solve in ZTE Device with OS Android, since I've tried showing text messages or jumps to other single or multi-select controls and the keyboard still comes out.

The controversial thing is that after having focus on the item with the keyboard active, you can hide this activating and deactivating the search option button or try to move to another item, deliberately leaving the field blank or type something wrong values on the keyboard, values out of range, it immediately shows an error or warning message and Magically the keyboard disappears.