Scanning barcode CSPro 7.4

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
hannau

Scanning barcode CSPro 7.4

Post by hannau »

I am trying to scan barcodes with the command barcode.read and it doesn't seem to work. The camera turns on, however, it does not seem to recognize and read the barcode. Any insights on how to make the barcode.read command work?
aaronw

Re: Scanning barcode CSPro 7.4

Post by aaronw »

I would first try holding the camera at different distances from the barcode. Also try a few different bardcodes. Finally, if you're still having any luck try a different device. I attached my simple test application.

Please follow up if you can't read a barcode after trying these few things.

barcode.zip
(2.23 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Cecilius

Post by Cecilius »

It worked wonders for me
hannau

Post by hannau »

Yes, I got it working. thank you.

I am wondering, is there a functionality for scanning that you have to click on a button to have it actually scan after the camera is open? Why I ask is because I am trying to scan bar codes that are positioned close to each other, but the camera picks up the first one it detects and doesn't allow time for me to get the camera close to the intended bar code.
josh

Post by josh »

We don't have that function right now but we will consider it. What others have done is to cover up the other barcodes on the page with your hand or another piece of paper before starting to scan.
hannau

Post by hannau »

Okay thank you. And yes, I think it would be a great function to add to scanning bar codes.