Partially Saved Cases

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
munirmdee1

Partially Saved Cases

Post by munirmdee1 »

Hi All,

I have a concern here, I developed data capture application for android, and its working fine, cases are being synchronized with the server perfectly no problem. But whenever I download the data, it gives me a report after download finishes, it gives total number of cases downloaded, and number of partially saved cases and its percentage.

Now I want to deal with the partially saved cases, how do I identify them? Is there a way I can only see them only? Because I want to check why they are partially saved not completed and ask enumerators to check up on them and resend them again.

Thanks in advance.
Munir Mdee
Software Programmer
National Bureau of Statistic (NBS)
Jakaya Kikwete Road,
P.O.Box 2683,
Dodoma,TANZANIA
Mob: +255 755 740090
Email: munir.mdee@nbs.go.tz
munirmdee@gmail.com
aaronw

Re: Partially Saved Cases

Post by aaronw »

If it is a CSDB file open it in Data Viewer and the partial saves will appear with a red plus sign:
partial-save.PNG
partial-save.PNG (3.62 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
Additionally, under View you can select Show Partial Cases Only.
munirmdee1

Post by munirmdee1 »

Thank you Aaronw,

Actually I know all that, when the case arrive and it was partially saved, it shows a red cross, or in android it shows a red color mark. Maybe the one in DataView, I never tried it. But my point was, Enumerators in the field they send data to the server, I need to Identify them and tell them to cross check, that was my point, but since I can do it with dataview as you explained its fine now, I can view only partially saved one and note down while comunicating with them.

So thank you, problem solved.
Munir Mdee
Software Programmer
National Bureau of Statistic (NBS)
Jakaya Kikwete Road,
P.O.Box 2683,
Dodoma,TANZANIA
Mob: +255 755 740090
Email: munir.mdee@nbs.go.tz
munirmdee@gmail.com
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

I see. In our example project CAPI Census (installed with CSPro) we use dynamic value sets to prominently display the partially saved cases. This way the enumerator won't forget about them.
save-partial.PNG
save-partial.PNG (11.87 KiB) Viewed 2786 times