DIGITIZING USING CAPI

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
segxy4manu

DIGITIZING USING CAPI

Post by segxy4manu »

Hello Folks,
Please I want to know if it is possible to embed a file from ArcGis environment to CSpro for digitizing and plotting in the CAPI and by using it to delineate a cluster right from the CAPI.

If it's possible please I need some clues or guide on what is required and how to go about it.
Thanks,
josh

Re: DIGITIZING USING CAPI

Post by josh »

This is not possible in CSPro. In version 7.3 we will support displaying maps inside CSPro and placing markers on map although we will likely support an open format that you could export from ArcGIS rather than ArcGIS shape files. We do not plan to support creation or editing of lines/boundaries in CSPro. For that you would need a GIS product.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Dear Josh,
Thank you for this very requested map feature. As mentioned in multiples posts, mails, it's very important.
However, in the future, it will be very important to offer us digitizing feature. In multiples surveys, enumerators must
digitize parcels, etc. So, it's very important.
Also, all CAPI software having this allow digitizing.

However, at this level, it's very important to not allow enumerator to modify ...
boundaries (AOI), by example.

Best Regards,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
segxy4manu

Post by segxy4manu »

Good news await us in version 7.3 hoping to see much more features too.
As said i do not support enumerator/Interviewer modifying or editing road, rivers or boundary lines.
segxy4manu

Post by segxy4manu »

Good days all.
Please folks I want to know the file type that the CSpro Map Viewers used as the Extension is Map Data File (.mdf)
Please all i can get from ArcGis environment extension is not having the Data Type of (.mdf)
Is there a way around it to display it.
Thanks.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

You can use the Convert Shape to Map tool to convert shapefiles to CSPro format.
segxy4manu

Post by segxy4manu »

Hello friends,
Please I have tried exploring CSpro 7.3 and the mapping facilities on it, which is cool and fine BUT my challenges are how do I get the data for the map which the marker was pointed on and coordinates that was picked

The file which I need to export into ArcMap for digitizing and how can I carve a boundary on the map from the the Android CSentry program.

Please can you help with a file to use or a map file that cspro can interact with and will not be reduced in quality and resolution...
Thanks and as I won't mind having an example folder of where it's used and tested.

Thanks
josh

Post by josh »

Are asking how to export the map points that the user clicked on from CSPro to ArcMap or you asking how to create a base map to use as an offline map in CSPro?
segxy4manu

Post by segxy4manu »

Thanks for the questons, i want to know if it is only .tpk is the file for ArcMac and it can use .ecw and .shp?
Also, to know if i can edit on the basemap if used on the CSEntry by carving the boundary and also placing makers on each building.
and lastly can i use the map with a roster buildings and to place markers on each buildings on the roster.
Thanks
josh

Post by josh »

CSEntry maps only works with tpk and mbtiles files. These files are displayed as basemaps. They cannot be edited by CSEntry. You can display markers on top of a map but this does not modify the basemap itself. You cannot have your user trace or edit boundaries or any other kind of vector objects. You cannot display vector objects unless you add them into the images in the tpk/mbtiles file before putting that file onto the tablet.

If you have a roster with the locations of building you can display a marker for each building. You would do that by looping through the roster and calling map.addMarker() for each row of the roster.

You can have a user place markers on the map by setting a function that gets called when the user clicks on the map. You do this by calling map.setOnClick(). In your callback function you can then call map.addMarker() or you could add the location that the user clicked as a new row in the roster.

Check out the map examples in the examples directory for more details.