carriage return in errmsg

Discussions about editing and cleaning data
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

carriage return in errmsg

Post by AriSilva »

Hi folks,
The "\n" used to be working in previous version, but now the system does not take it into account, it simply delete it from the message.
Although it works in the accept´s prompt.
Is there a way to make it work in the errmsgs? In othe words, is there a way to display several lines in the same errmsg?
Best
Ari
Best
Ari
sherrell

Re: carriage return in errmsg

Post by sherrell »

Hi Ari,

>Is there a way to make it work in the errmsgs? In othe words, is there a way to display several lines in the same errmsg?

You've posted your question in the "Editing" thread, but this sounds like a data entry question...yes/no? If DE, then yes, you can do it on a PC (I'm documenting this now!), see Greg's last two comments here (which are now 10 years old):

viewtopic.php?t=427

I am confirming with the guys, but this appears to only work on a laptop, not Android, due to the set errmsg () command being ignored on Androids ("Calls to this function are ignored when executed on mobile devices")

https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/s ... ction.html

Sherrell
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

Hi Sherrell,
I´m sorry to have posted it under the wrong section.
It is indeed a DE problem.
So, if this set errmsg solution does not work under Androids, what is the alternative to display several lines?
Best
Ari
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

It should work on Android and Windows if you turn off the HTML dialogs: https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/p ... tures.html

In CSPro 8.0, we'll hopefully introduce a way to properly escape characters that will work throughout CSPro. Right now there are certain functions that turn \n into newlines, and others that don't, so we really need to standardize this.
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

Thanks, Greg,
We´ll try it.
Best
Ari
Best
Ari