batch export

Discussions about editing and cleaning data
etuser

batch export

Post by etuser »

Dear Sir,

Do we have an option to export many similar structure file to the same "Export to" file so that ,all the files are merged when executing them in Spss or stat together , or example . I tried it but failed to get the desired result.

set behavior() export (SPSS,subItemOnly,ANSI);

For rec_occ in C_TRAINING_OF_TRAINERS_COURSE1 do
export to xrec03
rec_type ("99")
Case_id(UNIQUE_ID,Region,City,sub_city),COURSE_01, C_TRAINING_OF_TRAINERS_COURSE1;
Enddo;

For rec_occ in C_TRAINING_OF_TRAINERS_COURSE2 do
export to xrec03
rec_type ("99")
Case_id(UNIQUE_ID,Region,City,sub_city),COURSE_02, C_TRAINING_OF_TRAINERS_COURSE2;
Enddo;
alex_izm

Re: batch export

Post by alex_izm »

I am not sure I completely understand the requirements. But if the goal is to combine two multiple records (in the same dictionary) for export, using relations is the way to go.

Firstly you need to define how occurrences of the two records C_TRAINING_OF_TRAINERS_COURSE1 and C_TRAINING_OF_TRAINERS_COURSE2 relate to each other. That is done with an item that has the same value between the two records. For example if each occurrence in your records represents a trainer, then you would need two items something like TRAINER_ID1 in the first record and TRAINER_ID2 in the second record. So in your data if the value of say TRAINER_ID1(1) is equal to TRAINER_ID2(5), then this means C_TRAINING_OF_TRAINERS_COURSE1(1) and C_TRAINING_OF_TRAINERS_COURSE(5) are related by the trainer ID. In this case the declaration of a relation would look something like this:

Code: Select all

PROC GLOBAL
  relation TRAINING_COURSES C_TRAINING_OF_TRAINERS_COURSE1
                         to C_TRAINING_OF_TRAINERS_COURSE2 where TRAINER_ID1 = TRAINER_ID2;
Then TRAINING_COURSES can be used in your code as a "virtual" multiple record:

Code: Select all

PROC YOUR_LEVEL
for rec_occ  in relation TRAINING_COURSES do
      export to xrec03 
      case_id(UNIQUE_ID,Region,City,sub_city),
            COURSE_01, C_TRAINING_OF_TRAINERS_COURSE1, 
            COURSE_02, C_TRAINING_OF_TRAINERS_COURSE2;
enddo;
Hope this helps.
Alex
etuser

Re: batch export

Post by etuser »

Thank you very much , Alex . Your approach also helps me to collapse the data which was 18 to one file ,but i would like to merge vertically instead of horizontally like what you did, The variable introduced course_01,course_02 .. Course_18 is a variable used to differentiate when append the data together i,e. one file on top of the others at export.

Many thanks