background highlight the field name in the tree

Discussions about editing and cleaning data
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

background highlight the field name in the tree

Post by AriSilva »

When editing a proc the corresponding field in the left part of the screen (the record tree) is highlighted in a very light grey, almost imperceptible. Is it possible to use a darker grey in order to make it more visible and distinguished from the other fields (I know, it is a very minor detail and with no importance at all, if compared with the other issues you might be facing, but I think it would help).
I tried to see if this would be changeable in the preferences or settings but did not find anything.
By the way, this editor is much better than the previous ones :D
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Re: background highlight the field name in the tree

Post by Gregory Martin »

The behavior you see now is the standard behavior whereby a selection changes color when it has "lost focus" (because you are in the logic editor, not the dictionary tree). We can consider changing the color to make it more pronounced.

Interestingly, I haven't found this to be much of a problem because I try to keep the code in my PROCs small, so I see the PROC XXX text at the top of the editor and know what I'm editing. However, I can see that with long PROCs this could be problematic.
AriSilva

Re: background highlight the field name in the tree

Post by AriSilva »

Furthermore, even if you have shorter procs, and (in my case) I needed to do a systematic change in all the procs, for example, inserting a universe at the beginning of each proc, the pronounced highlight is welcome, in order to see the next proc to be changed.
Best
Ari