GM calculation

Discussions about editing and cleaning data
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
etuser

GM calculation

Post by etuser »

Dear Sir,

When i tried to do annual geometric mean of a monthly price survey , the cumulative Gm values exceeds the numeric value limits and end up with blank or star(*), I can see the very big numbers when i write the results to a file , Is there a way like Ln transformation to reduce the numbers and return it back after.

Many thanks
aaronw

Re: GM calculation

Post by aaronw »

Could you increase the length of the numeric field and rerun it?
etuser

Post by etuser »

I tried the maximum numeric length 15 and it exceeds that , also tried to define a variable on the global and still that also can't hold the GM figures . finally i tried to divide the price by ten thousand , this also makes zero for items sold in cents.
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

How many decimal places are you including?
etuser

Data Viewr 7.5

Post by etuser »

Dear Sir,

After collecting data in Cspro 7.5,0 (Release Date: 2020-10-08), when i tried to open the data using Data viewer of 7.5.0 ,it opens the data and stacked. I reinstall it again it the same
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

You have two different dictionaries in the wild. For instance, one dictionary on the tablets and another in CSWeb.
etuser

Post by etuser »

Dear Aaron,

Yes, you are right there was two dictionaries, but i replaced the dictionary on my Dropbox account and on the tablet with the new dictionary, this happened after data collection work started.
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

You say that you updated the dictionary on Dropbox and on the tablets. I'm guessing there was some fix you wanted to make mid survey? If you have to do this in the future add the new variable to the end of a record. Never change the length of a variable or add/delete a variable from the middle of a record.

Once your data is mixed up it can be a challenge to untangle it. Here are the high-level steps you'll need to take:
  1. Create a batch edit application to separate cases using the old dictionary and the new dictionary into two data files
  2. Use the reformat data tool to format the old data to match the new data
  3. Combine the cases together using the reformat data tool or sync it to a empty server
etuser

Post by etuser »

well noted , many thanks