Just keep some variables in "Output file" with Batch Edith Program

Discussions about editing and cleaning data
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Boni

Just keep some variables in "Output file" with Batch Edith Program

Post by Boni »

Dear All !

I want to use Batch Edit program to just keep a few variables in the output file. I want to do a conversion when I don't need all the variables from the original database, just a few, which I only want to have in my output file. How could I do it please?
Sincerely yours !
josh

Re: Just keep some variables in "Output file" with Batch Edith Program

Post by josh »

It would be easier to do that using the Export Data tool. You can export to CSPro format and choose only the fields that you want to keep.
Boni

Post by Boni »

I can not export the notes file. I use the dictionary got after the notes exportation. It does not work, I receive this error message. Otherwise, what dictionary should I use? Or How should I do it? I do not have a problem with the data file. That's why I had thought the Batch Edit tool.
Thanks dear Josh !
Attachments
ExportErr.PNG
ExportErr.PNG (33.38 KiB) Viewed 4503 times
Sincerely yours !
josh

Post by josh »

CSPro 7.4 makes exporting notes simple. Open the data file in DataViewer and from the menu choose File->Save As..->Notes
Boni

Post by Boni »

OK, I understand, thanks dear Josh.
Sincerely yours !
Boni

Post by Boni »

Without wanting to be bothering you, is there a logic that I could write in a CSEntr or Batch Édit program to do this: Keep just some variables? Not only would it allow me to solve my current problem, but also it would allow me, in clearance to keep the variables that fill a certain condition through the logics.
Sincerely yours !
josh

Post by josh »

In batch edit you can set any variable to blank in the output file by setting it equal to notappl in your logic. So for any variables you want to exclude you can just set them to notappl. The only challenge with this is that if you want to exclude a lot of variables you need to write a lot of logic to set them all to notappl. That is why I proposed using export where you simply select the variables you want to include.

Another option would be to use the export statement in a batch edit application. More information can be found in the help: https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/e ... ement.html
Boni

Post by Boni »

Thank you dear Josh !
Sincerely yours !