Saving changes

Discussions about editing and cleaning data
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

Saving changes

Post by AriSilva »

A tiny detail:
After adding a new file to the program, you can save the program but (it seems) that the save_flag is not cleared, because every time you want to the execute the program it asks to save it, you say YES, but the flag is not cleared. You need to close the program (it will still ask to save it).
This only happens if you add an external file to the program.

A suggestion: as you have shortcuts to save (Ctrl-S), compile (Ctrl-K), etc, why not a shortcut to run(Ctrl-R)?
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Re: Saving changes

Post by Gregory Martin »

I've never noticed this, but I reproduced it and fixed the problem for 7.3. Thanks for reporting the bug.

We have two run shortcuts: Ctrl+R, and Ctrl+Shift+R (to bypass the file associations screen). Do these not work for you?
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

My fault, I didn´t even try it.
The thing is that I saw in another software that when you pass the mouse over an icon in the toolbar it shows the Action as text (like in CsPro), PLUS it shows ALSO the shortcut, and that mislead me, when I passed the mouse over the run icon and did not see anything, just the Run word. Maybe that might be good also to have there
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

There are a lot of shortcuts in CSPro. Here is a list of ones relevant for data entry:

https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/d ... _keys.html