Can one edit in data viewer or cspro?

Discussions about editing and cleaning data
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
claudia2

Can one edit in data viewer or cspro?

Post by claudia2 »

Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to edit data in the cspro data viewer. The data collection is done on different tablets by interviewers, and I only receive the .csdb files with the data. When there are mistakes I would like to be able to edit the data in cspro ideally, before exporting it into excel. Is this possible?

Many thanks,
Claudia
josh

Re: Can one edit in data viewer or cspro?

Post by josh »

DataViewer is only for viewing data. If you want to modify the data use a data entry application. You can either use the one you created for the interviewers or you can create another one using the same dictionary if you want something with less controls for example.
claudia2

Post by claudia2 »

Hi,
thank you for your answer. I can use the data entry application that I created for the interviewers, but how exactly do I do this? I cannot see any data in the data entry form (where I only see the dictionary and the forms).

I guess I need to link the data to the entry form somehow?

Thanks!
Claudia
josh

Post by josh »

When you run the data entry application on your computer from CSPro designer it should pop up a window asking for the data file. In that dialog change the path to the data file that you downloaded.