CAPI Application

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
svsrkb

CAPI Application

Post by svsrkb »

Hi Friends...

We are working on a CAPI Programming where we would like to see Value labels in multiple languages (Eg, English and one local language) for Enumerators convenient as well as client convenient (If non-local person also can see the options in English same time). If any options are there please do let us know or you can write to me on my mail id bharadwajsvsrk@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance for your views, ideas and Help.

Regards

Bharadwaj
Gregory Martin

Re: CAPI Application

Post by Gregory Martin »

The way I recommend doing this is to set up two sets of value labels for each item, with part of the value set name indicating the language. For example, you might have SEX_VS_ENG for the sex values in English, and SEX_VS_FRA for the sex values in French.

Then, you can use the setvaluesets function (in logic) to easily change all the value sets for your application, depending on what your client wants. See here for an example:

http://www.csprousers.org/help/html/set ... nction.htm
Bharadwaj

Post by Bharadwaj »

Dear Gregory...

Thank you very much for your quick response. It will be very useful for me.

I would like to ask another question; can't we present both the languages at a time for display on screen? If possible please do let me know. Thanks again for your quick response.

Regards

Bharadwaj
Bharadwaj

Post by Bharadwaj »

Bharadwaj wrote:Dear Gregory...

Thank you very much for your quick response. It will be very useful for me.

I would like to ask another question; can't we present both the languages at a time for display on screen? If possible please do let me know. Thanks again for your quick response.

Regards

Bharadwaj
I tried to use this function but it is not worked. Can you give me a solution for the following.... [I was trying to Insert a screen shot but i could not insert.. it can be insert.]
I have schedule in bilingual (English and Hindi) Same has to be appeared on the screen to the enumerator if only one language exists it may be a problem for non Hindi people to read Hindi or non English people to read English, it will be difficult for us to explain the same to our enumerators to only one language during interviews. As per our requirement we need both the languages on screen for easy understanding. Thanks

Regards

Bharadwaj
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

You can add labels in multiple languages to your forms, which will help facilitate data entry by people in multiple languages. Simply right-click on the form and select Add Text. You can then have forms like this:
form.JPG
form.JPG (4.34 KiB) Viewed 8351 times
Bharadwaj

Post by Bharadwaj »

Gregory Martin wrote:You can add labels in multiple languages to your forms, which will help facilitate data entry by people in multiple languages. Simply right-click on the form and select Add Text. You can then have forms like this:
form.JPG
Dear Gregory

Thanks for your response.

Now we are doing the same, but it will take more time. I also tried to edit the form using text pad, but i could not understand the positions give there like... "47, 239, 114, 87" What is it meant for. Can you brief me about this.

How can we copy variables from excel to dictionary. I tried to make the same kind of format how it looks in dictionary for each record and tried to add it but it is not taking. B'cas i have read in one of your post that we can copy past them from excel to dictionary. Please help in this regards it will same my time.

Regards

Bharadwaj
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

The positions are the coordinates of the bounding rectangle that surrounds a given item. The values are in the following order: left, top, right, bottom. If you wanted to add items to the form manually, you would have to decide where on the form to position these items. Using trial and error, you could probably figure out a way to do this.

Value sets are the only thing you can paste directly from Excel into CSPro. If your Excel file is in the format of:

Column 1: Value label
Column 2: From value
Column 3: To value (if applicable)

You can select these columns and paste directly into the CSPro value set editor.

If you only want to modify dictionary values (and not add any), you can use the Dictionary Macros feature. Right-click on the dictionary in the dictionary tree and select Dictionary Macros. Select "Copy all Names / Labels," paste into Excel, make your modifications, select all and copy to the clipboard, and then go back to CSPro and select "Paste all Names / Labels."
svsrkb

Post by svsrkb »

Hi Gregory

Thanks for the response. I will try for the same and get back to you if i need any further support.

Regards

Bharadwaj