CSPro Beta 5 testing

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
pierrew

Re: CSPro Beta 5 testing

Post by pierrew »

I was able to save my work and reconstuct the form file using a large file text editor. Here is the compressed file you might be interested in seeing what has been going on. I removed some text near the header it looked like dashes and it brought the form file back to its original size about 70k. All good now. It must have been some isolated incident bacause I was not able to mimic the process that created the large form file in the first place.

And the multiline text field in a roster will only act up if you change the capture type to multiline before you resize the row and column sizes.

Pierre
Attachments
SOL_HIES.zip
(149.56 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

That's a crazy file. I have no idea how all those dashes got there. Clearly something went amiss, as it also allocated 990220 pixels width for that text field! :o

I'm hoping this is a one-off bug caused by some memory fault on your machine.
pierrew

Post by pierrew »

Sorry Greg,

Its not a big deal just thought you might be interested in this fault. dealing with multi-line text fields in rosters.

Pierre
Roster Picture.jpg
Roster Picture.jpg (81.5 KiB) Viewed 7473 times
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

That's strange. So, before the save, CSPro allowed you to add that field to both the roster and outside of the roster? That shouldn't happen!
pierrew

Post by pierrew »

I have noticed it happens when I copy certain line boxes and text from another form and paste them into a new form then drag a roster with a alphanumeric field, change that field to a multiline, remove tickboxes then trying to resize the roster before adjusting the size of the multiline text box. Then it freaks out. But it really is not a bother because all i do is save the entry screen then reopen and its back to normal. ... I have another bug that you might want to fix ...

if the Return key is copied from one alphanumeric multiline textfield and assigned to another multiline text field the return key will act like an enter key.
e.g.,

Code: Select all

----textBox1_occ(1)------- <-Copied this and paste in textBox2_occ(1)
\n
hello world
--------------------------
----textBox1_occ(2)-------

----textBox1_occ(3)-------

+++++++++++Result+++++++++

----textBox2_occ(1)-------
\n
                            <-Missing "hello world"
----textBox2_occ(2)-------

----textBox2_occ(3)-------

-------------------------
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Did you enter:

\n
Hello World

Or:

<enter>
Hello World

?

Just this week I fixed some issues with the \n character that gets added to multiline text fields. If someone enters \n now, the \ will get backslashed, so, for example, if you write: "neither\none," in the data file it will appears as: "neither\\none." That way a backslash doesn't get mistaken for a new line character.
pierrew

Post by pierrew »

<enter>
Hello world

hahah why cant programming books be more creative instead of using "hello world" all the freaking time.

enjoy!