Examples 7.5 folder and production runner

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
shafique arif

Examples 7.5 folder and production runner

Post by shafique arif »

Dear Josh

For the last few CSPro versions, I always failed to get "Examples" subfolder in "Documents" folder. I checked with our IT person but he did not have any clue why examples folder failed to be copied to my machine. Can you please guide us in this regard. Also is there any other site from where I can copy this folder. I am using 7.5.1.

Also, when i run productionrunner, i get following message. any help will be appriciated.

Best
Attachments
error productionrunner.docx
(45.41 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Gregory Martin

Re: Examples 7.5 folder and production runner

Post by Gregory Martin »

You can get the latest version of the Examples folder from here: https://github.com/CSProDevelopment/examples

Click on the "Code" button and then select "Download ZIP."

Regarding Production Runner, as that messages says, the tool will fail to open if you don't have the entire set of CSPro executables installed. Check your CSPro 7.5.1 installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\CSPro 7.5) ... do you see 171 files and 2 folders there? If not, then something is going wrong with the installation.

Another possibility is that at some point you modified Production Runner's settings to specify that you wanted to use a specific version of CSPro that is no longer installed on your computer. If so, you will have to go into your registry editor to remove that setting:

1) Click Windows Key + R (run), and type "regedit"
2) In the search bar, paste "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\U.S. Census Bureau\Tools\Production Runner"
3) If that key exists, delete the "Version" value.
shafique arif

Re: Examples 7.5 folder and production runner

Post by shafique arif »

Thanks a lot a lot Gregory. I deleted "version" (which was 7.2) and it is working now.
Wish you, your team and all the CSProUsers a very happy, safe and prosperous 2021.
Best