Russian error messages

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0

Russian error messages

Post by Guest »

I am currently working on a data entry application in a russian speaking community, so I need russian error messages. I know I just need to translate the file CsPro.mgf in the CSPro installation folder, but somebody has probably done it before.

And there are probably other people out there who needs the error messages in other languages, so I think it would be nice if we could just go to this CSPro users web site (or the web site of the US Census Bureau) to download them - or even upload them if anybody has had them translated to yet another language.

And how about the CSPro manual: Are there any plans of translating it to more languages?

Regards,
Anne Abelsæth
lls

Re: Russian error messages

Post by lls »

I contacted once the US census bureau about CSPro. They quickly and kindly answered my question.
Have you tried to ask them directly if they have various errors file languages ?
Gregory Martin

Re: Russian error messages

Post by Gregory Martin »

I don't have a copy, but there is definitely a translation of the error messages into Spanish, as CSPro is widely used in Latin America.

While there are more than a thousand error messages in the CSPro.mgf file, many of them are errors that the compiler uses, not messages that would get shown in CSEntry. It may not be too much to translate the relevant error messages, which unfortunately are sprinkled throughout the file, but most of which start after the line "{ Applications execution }."

Last bumped by Anonymous on February 6th, 2012, 4:27 am.