variable exists more than once

Other discussions about CSPro
AriSilva

variable exists more than once

Post by AriSilva »

I´m getting this error
ERROR(criaIdosoNoArquivoDeEntrevistas, 986): The symbol 'COVID_ELSI_REC' exists more than once in your application so you must provide qualifiers (such as the dictionary name) to avoid ambiguity
I´ve already tried to find this name in all the related files and dcfs in the application to no avail.
When I use the qualifier the message says
It started when I tried to copy one record from one file to another record in another file.
Is it because I cannot copy record levels?

When I use the qualifier to try to avoid the error, the error msg changes to
ERROR(criaIdosoNoArquivoDeEntrevistas, 984): User functions must terminate with 'end'
Is the qualifier too big?

Attached the packed app.
Attachments
COVID_ELSI_40_Menu.zip
(26.2 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Re: variable exists more than once

Post by Gregory Martin »

It's just a misleading error message. There is no way in CSPro to copy an entire record to another record. You need to copy each item individually.
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

Yeah, I´ve thought about a problem in the error msg text.
Can´t we copy a record even if the records are exactly the same in both dictionaries?
Can you put that in the request for new features, or is it too complicated to be done?
Or, at least, mention that somewhere in the help (excuse me to suggest that, maybe it is there and I did not find it mentioned).
In my case the solution is to create an item group, which I did, because copying one by one would be endless, and maybe even the group item maybe not work if there are other item groups in the record and/or items with occurs.
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

This has been requested before, so we will keep it in mind as we add new features. We're probably eventually going to add a "case object" in logic that lets you load multiple cases from same dictionary, so once we do that, it'll be natural to want to assign from one record to another of the same type.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Hi Greg,
I've just add this in the request list.
Best,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004