CATI applications

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

CATI applications

Post by AriSilva »

I need some advice and guidance from you related with doing surveys with CSEntry on these COVID-19 times.
We have more than one client needing to do a survey by telephone, which directed us to a CATI environment.
The problems are>
1. We´ve never done anything by telephone so far.
2. We do not have access to a call center structure to support that.
3. We do not have any experience with CSEntry related to using telephones.

So, having that in mind, one of our associates thought about using cels to communicate with the interviewers, and tablets to collect the data.

My questions are:
1. Have you had anything like that before?
2. Does CSEntry have any tools towards CATI?
3. If so, do you have any examples of that?
4. How can we control and coordinate the calls, in order to avoid collision?
5. Can you suggest any other ideas and strategies, remembering that we need to stay inside the CSEntry scope.
Best
Ari
shafique arif

Re: CATI applications

Post by shafique arif »

This is really important and urgent. Any help/guidance in this regard (CATI features) will be appreciated.
josh

Post by josh »

The CSPro development team doesn't have much experience with CATI. We would very much like to support CATI in CSPro but we aren't sure what features are required for this workflow. We are hoping that some users with experience in CAPI can help us by sharing their experiences and what features in CSPro would help with the transition from CAPI to CATI.
josh

Post by josh »

We have been looking into CATI and are trying to better understand how you - our users - would use it. If you could please respond to this post and answer the following questions it would help us be able to better support CATI in CSPro.

1) What platform would your interviewers most likely use - Windows PC, Android Phone, Android Tablet, Windows Tablet?

2) Would your interviewers all be at a central office or would they work from separate locations (for example from their homes)?

3) If they are working at a central office would you use an automated phone dialing system or VOIP solution? If so which system?

4) If they are working from home would they have consistent internet access? Would they be able to be connected all the time or would they only connect from time to time to send data/receive assignments?

5) How would you determine which cases/households to assign to the interviewers to call? Randomly? Based on language? Based on geography (each enumerator works in primary sampling unit or village)?

6) Would you be more likely to assign a batch of households to an interviewer and have them work through that batch or would assign a new household each time the interviewer finished a call? Would you require CSPro to automatically assign households to interviewers or would there be a supervisor who make assignments?

7) If required, would you be able to set up a CSWeb server to use for data synchronization or would you only be able to use Dropbox/FTP?
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Response:

1: Window PC, Android Tablets, Android Phone
2: Under current situation (i.e., due to COVID 19), from different locations (homes)
3:
4: Consistent internet connection to keep uploading data
5: AT this moment, cases will be assigned to interviewers by supervisor however, It will vary form project to project.
6: Batch of households
7: CSWeb which will give live updates as data will continuously uploaded

any measure for quality assurance like (if supervisor can listen/hear conversation, or recording etc)
eeng

Post by eeng »

hi

i will plan dev. cspro entry using cati with tablet. Data entry and call resp in the same device.

Data store using dropbox also audio call recording but syncronizing audio data i use app dropsync.

responden list, i use roster to list potential of responden. i tested simple app, and possible using cspro

best

-eeng
Imrul Hassan Simon

Post by Imrul Hassan Simon »

We have used CSPro for our several “followup survey over phone” and also some new “phone surveys”. According to our experience I am responding as follows:

1) What platform would your interviewers most likely use - Windows PC, Android Phone, Android Tablet, Windows Tablet?

Imrul Hassan: We are using Android Tablet (Samsung and Lenovo)

2) Would your interviewers all be at a central office or would they work from separate locations (for example from their homes)?

Imrul Hassan: Training, practice and pre-test the questionnaire at central office. Interviewers interview from their residence in different locations.

3) If they are working at a central office would you use an automated phone dialing system or VOIP solution? If so which system?

Imrul Hassan: We are planning and searching for customized dialing system. Still it is under discussion.

4) If they are working from home would they have consistent internet access? Would they be able to be connected all the time or would they only connect from time to time to send data/receive assignments?

Imrul Hassan: All of our android device has mobile phone SIM card, we provide internet data and connection quality more or less good in Capital and divisional city, in rural we get less internet speed in Bangladesh.

5) How would you determine which cases/households to assign to the interviewers to call? Randomly? Based on language? Based on geography (each enumerator works in primary sampling unit or village)?

Imrul Hassan: It depends for followup survey over phone and new phone survey, but generally we sort households/cases/respondents based on geographical location data, and then assign cases to number of enumerators from starting of the list (includes reserve sample if needed).

6) Would you be more likely to assign a batch of households to an interviewer and have them work through that batch or would assign a new household each time the interviewer finished a call? Would you require CSPro to automatically assign households to interviewers or would there be a supervisor who make assignments?

Imrul Hassan: No

7) If required, would you be able to set up a CSWeb server to use for data synchronization or would you only be able to use Dropbox/FTP?

Imrul Hassan: Still we are using dropbox. BUT it will be best if CSWeb server have option for managing multiple dictionary for a single survey and have download option for selected cases based on survey team.
Athira

Post by Athira »

Hi,

My personal opinion would be that going for CATI survey may not bring you the results you actually need. Over the years, CATI survey responses have been seeing a big decline because people don't have the time or patience to answer a survey on call. Moreover, it can give biased responses as well.
Respondents need the space to answer a question, also you have to analyze the responses as well. Getting reports of CATI surveys will take at least a month and by the time it's too late. I'd advice you to switch to online surveys for the following reasons:
You can collect unlimited responses
The cost is very low compared to CATI
Respondents can give unbiased answers as no one is watching over them
Response rates are very high
Real-time responses and AI-powered analytics

You can just check online about digital surveys. They are a class apart. Here, I can share you the one I use. I normally use whatsapp surveys at Surveysensum to connect with my users. Try it out, it's free also.