Problem on Data Synchronization

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Phyo Ma

Problem on Data Synchronization

Post by Phyo Ma »

May I ask you to help on data synchronization problem. I face synchronization problem between Interviewer and Supervisor. Interviewer send data to supervisor via bluetooth and got the message by supervisor that "Error connecting to server: Error getting Crop.pen not found" but receive data from Interviewer. Error message got by Interviewer is " Error Connecting to server: Server responded with error 196." Please reply me as soon as possible.
josh

Re: Problem on Data Synchronization

Post by josh »

That is most likely because you have a call to syncifle(GET,...) to get the file crop.pen that is failing because the path to the file is not correct. The path to the file should be relative to the directory the application is on on the supervisor device. If you look in the sync.log you can see the paths that it is using and adjust your logic.
Phyo Ma

Post by Phyo Ma »

Please explain where I can look the sync.log file? I check the path of syncfile is correct. At the same time, I face the same problem between supervisor and headquarter. Please help me on this problem. Our survey will conduct soon. So I must solve this problem. I want to know that I may lose data or not with this current problem, please explain me.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Take a look at this page: http://www.csprousers.org/posts/2017-08 ... cspro.html

Under "Use of Log Files," it shows where you can find the sync.log file. These are text files and you can open them and see the details about your synchronization operation.

If you cannot solve the problem by looking at the details in that log, you can send the log to cspro@lists.census.gov, or post it here, and we'll try to figure out the problem.