program log

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

program log

Post by AriSilva »

When you execute a dataentry program it writes some information in a file with the same name as the program plus the .lst extension, by default.
As far as I could see, every time the program is executed the information is appended to the file.
Some questions:
1. Is there a way to clean this file, besides deleting it by hand? I tried to filedelete(xxx.lst) inside the program but it does not do the job.
2. Is there a way to define this file with a different name?
3. In a dataentry program, is there a way to write a message into this file, as an errormsg but directed to this file.
And lastly:
If I want a generic program with no input file and no form, that is, a program to be executed with no inputs at all, what should I use? Presently I´m using a dataentry program with a single variable in the dictionary.
Best
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Re: program log

Post by Gregory Martin »

1) Not at the moment.

2) No. Unlike other CSPro applications where you can define Listing= in the PFF, the data entry listing is always based on the input data filename.

3) Not at the moment.

You can do all of the above with paradata (delete it, define the filename, write to it using logtext).

What you're doing for the generic program is what you have to do to. All data entry programs require a form form with a field on it, so you have to create this dummy infrastructure.