Best way to change form text to dictionary names instead of labels?

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
jhiggins

Best way to change form text to dictionary names instead of labels?

Post by jhiggins »

Hello,

I am a beginning user and am attempting to modify an existing survey that is programmed in CSPro. I am wondering if there is a best practice for changing the text in the form to dictionary names instead of dictionary labels (which is the default when I open the current version); my current solution has been to make my needed changes to the dictionary, delete the existing form text, and drag my new dictionary on to the form and selecting 'insert with dictionary names' when doing so; however, I would prefer to retain the structure of the form and just drag my new inputs over - is there a better way to approach this?

Thank you in advance for your support!
josh

Re: Best way to change form text to dictionary names instead of labels?

Post by josh »

What you are doing is probably the best way to do it.
jhiggins

Post by jhiggins »

Ok, thanks for your reply, Josh! One more question - do you have any idea as to why some of the items from the dictionary do not transfer to the form when I drag the entire module to my form sheet? There doesn't seem to be any pattern between the items that are not appearing, and I have had to manually/individually drag over each one that does not appear.
josh

Post by josh »

Items that are already on the form won't get moved to the form. Also if you have items and subitems then only the items or subitems will go on the forms depending on what you picked in the drag options.
Mollymorgen

Post by Mollymorgen »

Helpful information for me. Being a beginner I am learning programming.