CSPro Application Command Line Options

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
pierrew

CSPro Application Command Line Options

Post by pierrew »

Hello Gents,
I was wondering if you have a list of command line options for all the CSPro applications and tools?
e.g. TbViewer.exe /EXPT /TABDELIM

Thanks,
Pierre
Gregory Martin

Re: CSPro Application Command Line Options

Post by Gregory Martin »

Most don't have command line arguments. Most arguments are specified in a PFF file. Table Viewer has a few, as you've shown. You can create a .pen file by calling:

CSEntry.exe /pen data-entry-application-filename.ent

Is there a certain argument that you're interested in?
pierrew

Post by pierrew »

Thanks Greg,
I was just wondering what is the command to export to RTF using TblViewer.
As you know that TblViwer does not allow exporting of multiple tables at once so I was using a bat file to automate the process then using an Excel Macro to convert the text files to tabs within Excel. This does not preserve the format. So wanted to experiment with RTF and was thinking there were more command line options that I can use for reference - just in case.

One more thing. Will there be a version of CSPro where we can start writing table logic to create and/or modify tables? Having this will make the process faster and also help create publication standards.

Cheers,
Pierre
josh

Post by josh »

You can do TbViewer.exe /EXPT /RTF to export as RTF or TbViewer.exe /EXPT /HTML to export as html.

We don't have any plans to change tables in the near future.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

For Table Viewer, using /expt, you can then follow it with /html, /rtf, /tabdelim, or /all.

You can create tables in CSPro logic. That is how DHS tables are created, for example. We (at Census Bureau) don't ever do this, which is why it's not in the documentation. ICF may have some documentation about creating DHS tables, but I'm not sure.

You can see this, for example, when you run the Tabulate Frequencies tool. That simply writes out a batch application that creates tables based on the options specified in the UI. For example, this creates a simple sex table with a universe:
PROC GLOBAL

numeric csFreqI,csFreqJ;

PROC QUEST

For csFreqI In PERSON_EDT do
        FREQ INCLUDE (P03_SEX alpha numeric) SELECT ( P04_AGE < 18 ) STAT ;
    ENDDO;
The FREQ command will create frequencies, and the XTAB command will create tables.