problem with table data entry

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
tania

problem with table data entry

Post by tania »

Hello,
I am developing a cspro data entry application where I have 3 entry screens. The first screen contains some fields which will be auto-filled from an excel file. The second screen contains a table with some columns and rows where the last column field named ‘Edit’ has two values – (1-Yes) and (0-No). If I select 1 for the Edit field then the cursor will go through the next row to entry data if I select 0 third screen will appear. The third screen will be auto-filled with the data from the table. When I run the application without connecting the excel file to auto-fill the first screen it works fine. But when I connect the excel file the second screen table takes input only for the first row. Whether I enter 1 or 0 for the Edit field in the first row it goes through the third screen for both cases. What should I do now to solve this problem?
aaronw

Re: problem with table data entry

Post by aaronw »

Can you attach the two versions of the applications, so I can take a look at them?
aaronw

Re: problem with table data entry

Post by aaronw »

I received your private message. However, I don't see a difference between either application. I've made some changes in p2 (described below) and attached it.

P2's data is already stored data for P1_ID and I believe this is why you say it is pre-filled. However, it's just already been entered on a previous run. I don't believe you need to pre-fill P1_ID. You can manually enter P1_ID or allow it to auto increment (which I have done)
Change Field Properties (auto increment): https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/c ... rties.html

You can use Excel data in your CSPro application, but you will need to first generate a dictionary and CSPro data file. I don't believe this is what you need in your application, but take a look at session 6 (look up files) in the workshop materials for more clarity: https://www.csprousers.org/resources/CS ... rkshop.pdf

For the edit field I set the capture type to radio button, so you'll see the yes/no responses. Next, I loop through the roster and sum up the values of NUMBER in PROC SUM1.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Attachments
p2.zip
(2.33 KiB) Downloaded 220 times