Sqlquery: Encrypted CSDB /more features

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
htuser

Sqlquery: Encrypted CSDB /more features

Post by htuser »

Dear CSPro Development Team,
This year, you already release two majors versions (7.4 and 7.5) in spit of the Covid 19 epidemic, this with fully new features and improvements. The community is very grateful to you.

I know that your To do List is plentiful with lot of improvements and features and, also, i'm the CSProuser who request more..
more and more... :D ... But, my wish to see CSPro be always better and also attract more and more talented users who can help the community push me to ask you again...and again.

If, for the near future, most of CSProusers would prioritize :
  • a) Support of multiple question on screen;
    b) Support of polygon, for example, AOI in Map;
    c) Map Dashboard on CSWeb;
    d) Websurvey ability.
    e) Allow CSPro logic to fully support external logic files and support of import/use/include keywords in logic so do external logic. Implement something like a class of function is also welcome for CSPro Logic.
However, i would like to ask you some more simple request:
1) Allow sqlquery to open CSdb or other sqlite file encrypted with password. If you allow the Open function having this (such as setfile), this will also solve this. Why? Right now, we are obliged to add dictionary and using loadcase for accessing to any CSdbe file. However, when having heavy or multiple dictionary, applications are usually low, sometimes, very low. Using Sqlquery directly to access data would facilitate us greatly. Don't forget, sql is far more powerful than loadcase function.
2) Valueset label on parsed database on CSWeb. Why? Among other, using label in dashboard, report etc. . Right now, i can generate them using CSPro2SQL and import the sql script on MySQL/MariaDB, but give us a way to generate them natively, alsom in a multilanguage is welcome! Other, Josh already think of allowing us using label in templated report, but it's not implemented yet, can we hope to have aslo this?

Thanks in advance,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
Gregory Martin

Re: Sqlquery: Encrypted CSDB /more features

Post by Gregory Martin »

I'll add to CSPro 7.6 support for specifying a password when using the sqlquery function. Those other suggestions are things that you have to take up with Savy. :)
htuser

Re: Sqlquery: Encrypted CSDB /more features

Post by htuser »

Dear Greg,
Thanks a lot. I already see help about using sqlquery with password. Hope also we can store resulsets in hashmap and valuesets. An example of using sqlquery to fill a valueset is a roster. Also, since there's list.show, array.show, why not a hashmap.show? With hashmap.show, we can display a complete roster on the fly, for example after being filled it, this for verification purpose.

Best,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004