• FIELD_1 - onfocus
  • Interviewer enters data for field 1
  • FIELD_1 - postproc
  • FIELD_2 - preproc
  • FIELD_2 - onfocus
  • Interviewer enters data for field 2
  • FIELD_2 - postproc
  • BLOCK - postproc
Sometimes FIELD_2 is skipped, calculated, etc based on the response in FIELD_1 and users don't want to be allowed to enter data in fields that are supposed to be skipped since they might ask questions that are not needed.
aaronw

Re: Block logic execution order

Post by aaronw »

I agree, the current implementation has limitations. However, blocks were really designed for closely related data. For example, a date of birth where it wouldn't make sense to skip a field. As it is now, if you require a skip, I wouldn't recommend using a block. Maybe it will change in the future.
noel

Post by noel »

Just to give an opinion about that topic.

It is really desirable that this change in the very near future. A criticism that is made to the CAPI of CSPro is the fact that on the screen there is only one variable which is displayed.

The advent of the blocks had fueled the hope of having several variables displayed on the screen. Very quickly, it appeared that on Android, the use of blocks made you lose control of the proc of the variables of the block. It's a shame because many users prefer to have several variables on the screen rather than just one as is the case with CSPro on Android.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Dear All,
With latest and near future improvements, CSPro remain the best thinkable CAPI system. Freedom, is the keyword that i use on other CAPI system forum to distinguish CSPro with all others. Yes, with CSPro, developers have the freedom to implement theirs ideas and imaginations. CSPro Programming Language is powerful enough to handle the most complicated algorithms, librairies. Also, the Developer Team, a very small team is very friendly and help us beyond any expectations. Once again, thanks to this very Smart Team! A gold medal for them!

However, sometimes, we don't understand why they limit us... and how they think by implementing some features.... For example, block... Since the first beta, i wrote them that the way that they implement the block doesn't make any sense for applications developers and end users... They responded that they will change when several users request this. So, today, years after, i'm very happy that other users express theirs concerns about block... The block issue is the first that i wrote months ago, when the Smart Team asked me what improvements i would like to see in CSPro for the future. Fortunately i see that they are solving most of users long ago request mainly audio, paradata sync, etc. A lot of thanks to them!

After solving the block issues, we're always waiting for, among others:
a) Support of rosters on Android devices;
b) Polygon support on Map object;
b) better support for external logic files/libraries;
c) Using item/record alias name that are unknown at the compile time;
d) Map dashboard for displaying dynamically item;
e) And, one of the most important: Web Survey support!

Best,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004