Pre-loading already filled-in values in CSPro (modify mode)

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
juanf11

Pre-loading already filled-in values in CSPro (modify mode)

Post by juanf11 »

Hello.-

Would it be possible to add a certain feature that allows you to load to memory the already filled-in values of a saved case to CSPro (internal or work dictionary)?

I'm currently using the CSPro app to allow certain data to be continuously sent to a CSWeb server, and I opted to make each 'entity' (person) have his own record in which he/she sends the data over. This is because otherwise I would've had to use a multi-level or multi-app dictionary, which is ahead of my scope of knowledge. Note that this is not a big inconvenience under ordinary circumstances, but I've made three (3) types of reports that are available to the user through an user-defined function in the userbar.

These three (3) reports, through the setreportdata and report operations are done seamlessly UNLESS the user is in a field before the actual reported fields, in which case the report's table is completely or partially empty.

What I've done to pull through is to use the seek and advance parameters to certain "control" fields so the data gets "loaded" on the go, but this is rather unmanageable as there are many scenarios where people can get out of the loop and execute commands over things that haven't been yet loaded to memory.

I've tried to append an advance command to the function so that it displaces (and therefore loads to memory) the required data for the report. However, the advance operation stops the actual function from executing, so it's a no-go (in the meantime, unless there's an actual workaround for this).

In short, it would be great to be able to pre-load existing fields to the modify environment of CSPro.
aaronw

Re: Pre-loading already filled-in values in CSPro (modify mode)

Post by aaronw »

You can load a case into memory using loadcase:
https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/l ... ction.html

However, what I think you want is visualvalue:
https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/v ... ction.html

This allows you to access numeric variables that are ahead in the questionnaire. Just a heads up we don't recommend multi level applications. A multiple applications will be a better approach.
juanf11

Re: Pre-loading already filled-in values in CSPro (modify mode)

Post by juanf11 »

Hello aaronw,

I know about the existence of visualvalue. However, you cannot use the visualvalue function with the report and setreportdata functions. I also know about the loadcase function; however, as I want to load the values from the working dictionary (sort of like a ROSTER-oriented visualvalue) then it wouldn't work in my case.

Is there any particular reason why only alphanumeric items are loaded from the beginning of the case?

Thanks for the feedback anyways.