pffrunner, rearranging groups and items in the group

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

pffrunner, rearranging groups and items in the group

Post by AriSilva »

When adding a new group (or a new item in a group), it goes to the end.
If we want to rearrange it to go up, between existing groups, we have to "move" the existing groups to the root group, which will force them to the end.
This happens alo inside a group with the pff items.
Why not have two buttons to move up or down the group (or the item)?
Or a popup menu (right clicking the group name or the item name) would be fine also.
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Re: pffrunner, rearranging groups and items in the group

Post by Gregory Martin »

It's a good suggestion. At some point that tool is going to be completely rewritten, so we will address that then. However, it's a low priority right now because you are part of a very small group of people who use that tool. :)

Now that it's easy to launch other programs from CSPro logic, I tend to do processing using batch applications rather than using the Production Runner.
AriSilva

Re: pffrunner, rearranging groups and items in the group

Post by AriSilva »

2 bad I belong to a minority group. Is this not a form of user´s discrimination? (I´m joking)
I really understand the huge problems you and your team are involved with right now, and, as I said, it is easy to circumvent this limitation.
On the other hand, even if it is easy to call other applications from a batch program, I tend to believe that the runner was a very good idea and should be enforced. It is a good place to manage all the pffs that a project has, and execute them sequentially.
I´m not a microsoft C++ programmer, we still use the Embarcadero RADStudio (although we are seriously thinking about migrating to MS$$).
Anyhow, if I could help you by doing a parallel programming of that module I would like to have a try (I know that CsPro is not an open source, my offer is just a way to try to help the community.).
Best
Ari