Downgrading the dictionary

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

Downgrading the dictionary

Post by AriSilva »

At transition times, when I have to work with 2 cspro versions (7.3 and 7.4), and I have to do that because I have some surveys in the field still sing the 7.3 and I do not want to change them until they are finished, I have to switch back and force between them, and what I´ve done to make my life easier for the time being was to reinstall 7.3 on top of the 7.4, just to make it the default version when double clicking the files.
But some times (more than often), I forget to do that and the output file is created with the 7.4 version, and I cannot use it with 7.3 for the obvious reasons.
Besides that, in this kind of a double environment, there has a tricky situation when executing the runner with a pff to reformat a file. Even executing the 7.3 version with all the pff files pointing to 7.3, it still generates a 7.4 type file. I could circumvent this problem by creating a .bat file executing the .pff file, and using this .bat in the runner, and it did the job.
So, is it possible to have a tool, or even inside the dataviewer, to convert the 7.4 csdb to the old 7.3 csdb format?
Best
Ari
aaronw

Re: Downgrading the dictionary

Post by aaronw »

We always try to support using and older applications in a new version of CSPro. However, the reverse can be trickier. I don't see us writing a data converter tool for each future dictionary change.

What I can suggest is the Version Shifter too. It allows you to shift your project files and file associations. I regularly use it as I jump between versions while doing support.
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

Version shifter tool? Where can I find it?
It does not solve my problem of downgrading fles from 7.4 to 7.3, but as you say, it will improve to move my projects from 7.3 to 7.4 (I think).
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

You can get it in the Tools section of the Downloads page: https://www.csprousers.org/downloads/