String variable (dynamic list)

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
sergiofurtado

String variable (dynamic list)

Post by sergiofurtado »

Hi,

I would like to consult with you about the possibility of CSPro having a string variable (if there is no strategy to implement it) that would work as follows:

1) The user would register a picklist (string) such as a food list.

2) In data entry, as long as the user typed one or more characters of the answer, a search would be performed similar to the filter tool we have in Microsoft Excel (See attached figure).

3) Thus, the user could choose one of the filtered alternatives as an answer.

4) If the user entered a non-existent option in the list, this option would be added to the previously defined list so that it would be available at the next data entry.
Attachments
Filter Microsoft Excel
Filter Microsoft Excel
Filter.jpg (244.04 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
aaronw

Re: String variable (dynamic list)

Post by aaronw »

Without any effort you can get the behavior described in 1, 2, and 3 with radio buttons and the search functionality.
full-vs.png
full-vs.png (9.27 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
search-vs.png
search-vs.png (7.64 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
With a bit of work you could implement functionality that would approximate the behavior in 4. You would need to:
  • Add a value set to let the interviewer add a non-existent value (e.g. Add food)
  • Write this to a lookup file for persistent memory
  • Use lookup file to create dynamic value set
sergiofurtado

Re: String variable (dynamic list)

Post by sergiofurtado »

Hello Aaronw,

I had already realized that items 1, 2, and 3 would be available with radio buttons and search functionality. Just exemplified to get to item 4.

I will try to implement the functionality according to your guidelines. But I think if this functionality were added in the next version it would be of great importance to the general users, particularly the amateur users.

Thank you!