Show Variable Tree

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

Show Variable Tree

Post by AriSilva »

I think I already asked for that, to have a way to inhibit the "Show Variable Tree" in the Main Menu for a specific application.
One of the main problems we are having here is that the interviewers discover that feature, and use it all the time to navigate through the forms, not obeying the normal variable flow. They even jump to the end of the form, and we have no control of what is going on.
Best
Ari
josh

Re: Show Variable Tree

Post by josh »

And I think I told you already that this exists in data entry options. Set the dropdown under "Show case tree" to "never".
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

It is not the "case tree" that is bothering us, it is the "tree variable", the one that shows the fields in the questionnaire and the interviewer can navigate throughout it, back and force.
Attachments
Tree_variable.PNG
Tree_variable.PNG (117.13 KiB) Viewed 3491 times
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

You can totally disable the case tree by using the setproperty function to set the ShowCaseTree property. See more here:

https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/c ... ation.html
josh

Post by josh »

Ari, what you call the "variable tree" in CSPro is what we call the "case tree". The tree of variables is the "case tree" and the list of cases is the "case listing".
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

Thanks, Greg and Josh.
All my applications have the option "Never" for the case tree, as you can see in the attached picture.
So, maybe this is not working.
On the other hand, using the savesetting as
savesetting("CSEntry.Menu.ShowCaseTree", "No"); //preventing the case tree to be shown
It worked!
Attachments
casetree.PNG
casetree.PNG (20.43 KiB) Viewed 3474 times
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

That "Show case tree" option really means "Show case tree [by default]." To really disable it, you need to use that setproperty option.