skip in the batch editing programs

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

skip in the batch editing programs

Post by AriSilva »

Why the skip does not work in batch processing?
It would be very useful for some consistency and data editing programs (if it worked), being able to skip certain procs depending the values of previous variables, as in the data entry programs.
For every question that is not applicable for certain reason we have tho check that and exit the proc
By the way, I did not see any explicit mention of that in the help.
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Re: skip in the batch editing programs

Post by Gregory Martin »

When you run a program as Run as Batch, it will inform you of fields that should be blank (because they were skipped), but it won't automatically set them to blank, as you might like.

Based on looking at the code that runs the batch processor, my best guess is that there was a plan to allow skips in batch but that it was never fully implemented. Maybe that's something that we'll add in the future.

In a lot of our census edit programs, we don't want to skip over fields because we want to report the inaccuracies of each field (even ones that are skipped), but I see why it could be useful.
Leo

Re: skip in the batch editing programs

Post by Leo »

Thanks! I am also gonna suggest this. Although we can hide the invalid/skipped values in tabulation, it is better to have a clean csdb file for some users or for public use. I remember when we have to put hundreds of notappl in batch edit :lol: :D . I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but we did not explore it that time.