tableviewer called by another program

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

tableviewer called by another program

Post by AriSilva »

Is there a way to call the tableviewer passing the filename AND the caseID?
Best
Ari
Best
Ari
aaronw

Re: tableviewer called by another program

Post by aaronw »

If you want to run tableviewer on a single case, you'll need to create a data file with a single case. What is the scenario you want to do this?
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

Sorry, I should have written that beforehand.
The scenario is the following:
I have a cspro program (desktop) that downloads the survey file from the server, and produces some statistics. In fact, it is used for production control, by counties, census tracts, operators, etc.
Depending upon some information in these controls, the user (the controller) might need to look directly at some specific questionnaire (case).
Now, in order to do that, the controller has to copy the questionnaire id, double click the name of the the .csdb file in the explorer to open it, and paste the id in the search place. Then, after the id appears in the left column, the controller has to click in the id for the contents to be shown on the screen.
The idea is for the controller to click in the list of cases that will appear in the valueset (built dynamically) and the cspro program should call the dataviewer, passing the parameters the data file name AND the case ID.
Best
Ari
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

I see. You would like to view a single case in read-only mode using Data Viewer. Currently your workflow makes sense using Data Viewer. Depending on the complexity of your questionnaire, it may make sense to display the contents of the case in the same way we would display a report. If the user is only interested in a subset of the variables I could see this being an improvement.
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

I thought of that, but in this case I would need to define the list of the fields to be displayed. I thought also of using a dataentry-like program in cspro to be called from the controller via building a pff, using the modify option, and passing the caseID to the called program. It works, I already tried that approach in another application, but using the DataViewer directly would be much much better because, among other things, it shows also the valuelabel of the variables (like "male", "head of the household", etc).
Best
Best
Ari