Concatenate duplicates

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
jeske

Concatenate duplicates

Post by jeske »

Hi all,

I have a problem when I am trying to compare two data entries.
- CSPro seems to create duplicates which do not exist in the original files when I try to concatenate. It gives a non-existent ID.
- CSPro has problems opening a concatenated file in an updated version of the data entry database.

I have been able to concatenate the first data entry. But the second data entry cannot be opened. It only creates one file (and no IDX or txt files).
Is this a problem of the second data entry being entered in an updated version of the database? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
Jeske
Gregory Martin

Re: Concatenate duplicates

Post by Gregory Martin »

Your post is not entirely clear. The Concatenate Data tool simply combines several files together without checking the contents of the files. So if you have the same case in multiple files (say from the first keying and the second keying) and you concatenate the files, then you will have duplicates in the resulting concatenated file. When you have duplicates in a file, an index file (.idx) cannot be created for the file.

What exactly are you trying to do? Do you know about the Index Files tool? That tool can remove duplicates from your data file.