Reformat error

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Lyon

Reformat error

Post by Lyon »

Can anybody help me on this error issue i get every time i try to run the main entry. Kindly show me how the reformat tool can handle it.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (11.58 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
josh

Re: Reformat error

Post by josh »

This happens because you used your data entry program to enter data and then you renamed the items Q_ID1 and Q_ID in your dictionary. Now the dictionary no longer matches the data file. Most of the time when this happens you are still developing the data entry application and you don't need to keep the test data that you were using. If that is the case just delete the data file and run the application again to create a new data file that matches the dictionary.

If you want to try keep the data that is in your data file then you need to use reformat data. To do that you need two versions of the dictionary: the version from before you renamed the dictionary items and the version after you made the modifications. If you don't have the two versions then make a copy of the dictionary and change the names of items to what they were before and use that along with the current dictionary. Run the reformat tool from the Tools menu. Pick the two dictionaries and the current data file and choose where to save the new data file that will match the current dictionary. Going forward use that new data file with your application. For details run the Reformat Data tool and hit F1 to see the documentation.
Lyon

Re: Reformat error

Post by Lyon »

Thanks.It helps a lot :)