RDBMS data's storage tools

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
htuser

RDBMS data's storage tools

Post by htuser »

We're very happy because the CSPRO developer team consider to implement a tools for RDBMS data storage in next releases.
We would like to know what approach is chosen for and what's the schedule to do that?
Sincerely yours,
Last edited by htuser on August 19th, 2015, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
Gregory Martin

Re: RDBMS data's storage tools

Post by Gregory Martin »

I hope that a RDBMS interface will come out in the next 6-9 months, but it's hard to know what the future holds. Would you want the interface accessible for all aspects of CSPro (data entry, editing, tabulation, and the tools), or would the RDBMS being accessible in Entry and Export be sufficient for your purposes?
htuser

Post by htuser »

Thanks for your answer.

The next of census and surveys is data collection with powerful rugged, sun readable tablet, smart-phone running on Windows and Android and data's transfer over cellular’s 4g/3g/edge network. In his actual version Csentry doesn't allow several user to share one data file. That's make difficult/impossible online/real-time integrity verification and many other tasks.
The most urgent is to allow storing and synchronize data from multiple users (tabletpc or desktop data entry) in one, centralized database in a DBMS, maybe Oracle, Mysql, MsSQL, Postgre or a local database such as Ms Access. It would be good if the export tools can be interfaced with DBMS.

The result will be a more flexible use of Cspro’s system so that some integrity rules may be programmed both, in the application and in the database.
Another request is to encrypt data between the field (tablet, pda, delocalized desktop…) and the centralized database and the ability to make backup from each individual device locally on SQLlite.

I would be happy if user's can try this tools before official release.

Finally, I would like to thank the development team for the modernization of this powerful and complete framework.
Regards,
htuser

Post by htuser »

Thanks for your answer.

The next of census and surveys is data collection with powerful rugged, sun readable tablet, smart-phone running on Windows and Android and data's transfer over cellular’s 4g/3g/edge network. In his actual version Csentry doesn't allow several user to share one data file. That's make difficult/impossible online/real-time integrity verification and many other tasks.
The most urgent is to allow storing and synchronize data from multiple users (tabletpc or desktop data entry) in one, centralized database in a DBMS, maybe Oracle, Mysql, MsSQL, Postgre or a local database such as Ms Access. It would be good if the export tools can be interfaced with DBMS.

The result will be a more flexible use of Cspro’s system so that some integrity rules may be programmed both, in the application and in the database.
Another request is to encrypt data between the field (tablet, pda, delocalized desktop…) and the centralized database and the ability to make backup from each individual device locally on SQLlite.

I would be happy if user's can try this tools before official release.

Finally, I would like to thank the development team for the modernization of this powerful and complete framework.
Regards,
lls

Post by lls »

Gregory Martin wrote:I hope that a RDBMS interface will come out in the next 6-9 months
May I ask what is the status for a RDBMS support with data entry application?

Thank you
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

My comment was way too optimistic. There won't be any RDBMS support built into CSPro before 2013 at a minimum.

However, it's possible that before the support is built-in, a tool might come out to provide a temporary link between CSPro data and a relational database.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Dear Gregory,
Very thanks for this temporary tools. According to me, CSPRO will be more convenient when administrators can easily verify errors from multiple field surveyors real-time.
That's could be done (only)easily if we can store data's from all surveyors using tablet PC/PDA in the field in a centralized RDBMS.

This temporary tool must be able to:
1.- Synchronize and Concatenate all data file from Tablet PC/pda on a LAN/WAN/3-4G/EDGE network using peer to peer (TCP/IP) each 30 second,
2.- Using the DCF file to export the Global file -the resulting of the concatenation of n files- on a RDBMS. This export library must be auto refresh each second.
We hope this temporary tool will be released soon,
Regards,
Bharadwaj

Post by Bharadwaj »

Hi

Is there any update on this topic. I have not seen any further discussion or post related to this topic. If any please do let me know. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bharadwaj