Data Export - SPSS

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
sergiofurtado

Data Export - SPSS

Post by sergiofurtado »

Hi,

I tried using a simple application to export the data to SPSS (see file Tela_01.jpg).

When running the system issued an error (see file Tela_02.jpg).

By checking the exported data in SPSS (see file Tela_03.jpg), I could verify that the simple records were only replicated to the first multiple occurrence record.

All example files and screens are inserted in the .zip file.

Where is the error and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance
Attachments
Example_App.zip
Export_SPSS
(197.42 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Gregory Martin

Re: Data Export - SPSS

Post by Gregory Martin »

It can be tricky to export data from more than one multiply occurring record. One option is to export using the "All in One Record" option. That way the data will be exported in wide (not rectangular) format.

Given that you're going to work with your data in SPSS, another option is to export to "Multiple Files (one for each record type)." You will then get multiple data sets (in rectangular format) that you can merge in SPSS.
sergiofurtado

Re: Data Export - SPSS

Post by sergiofurtado »

Hi,

I tried to follow the tips for exporting data in SPSS.

In the first merge works well with the ID_QUESTIONARIO and CHARACTERISTICS_DEMOGRAPHIC records, generating a new file with these two records.
When I try to merge this new file with the third record (WORK_E_REQUENDMENT), the data is not consistent since some responses from the third record are reversed, possibly because the merge system sorts the records in ascending order of the ID fields.

I will see other merge alternatives with SPSS or even other software.

Thank you Gregory!