Concatenate with duplicate keys

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

Concatenate with duplicate keys

Post by AriSilva »

Duplicate keys are accepted in the csdb files, you can have 2 records (questionnaires) synced to the server, and downloaded as csdb,
However, when these files are concatenated, one of the duplicate records are skipped.
Is it possible to concatenate csdb files maintaining the duplicated records?
Best
Ari
josh

Re: Concatenate with duplicate keys

Post by josh »

It isn't possible with the concatenate data tool. It is possible by creating a batch application with no logic and choosing multiple input files. Pick all the files you want to concatenate as input files and they will all be combined in the output file.
Leo

Post by Leo »

Hi Josh, Savy, and everyone. Hope all is well, especially in this challenging time.

I am searching for ways to deal with duplicate cases. I can set conditions on it in batch edit, but I still have to manually identify their IDs. Automated way is much better, right? For example, is there a way to prompt and choose one among the duplicate cases when I run the concat tool? Or keep only the completed cases among duplicates? I found an option in the Index tool, but it can't be used in csdb. Thanks.

This is my first time to post here. :)

Regards. Leo.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Hello Leo,

CSPro 7.4 has several things that will help you. Firstly, the Index Data tool now works with .csdb files. Secondly, you can use the set access function in a batch application to only process your duplicate cases. If you can wait, in a few days we should be putting out the beta of this version, which you can get here: https://www.csprousers.org/beta/