Excel to CSPro: multiple sheet dictionary

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
htuser

Excel to CSPro: multiple sheet dictionary

Post by htuser »

Dear CSPro Developer Team,
I would like to transform an old MySQL database to CSDB format for longitudinal survey purpose. Since you don't have any direct tools to perform this, such as https://github.com/csprousers/SQLServer2CSpro ...

I'm trying Excel To CSPro tools, but i faced with his un-ability to support multiple worksheet excel file for dictionary creation... Normally, it should allow us to choose/map worksheet to record for dictionary creation. It allow this for CSDB creation. Do you have any workaround? Please any help!

Hope to have a global tools: External Data (CSV, txt, Excel, MySQL, PostGre, SQLServer, Oracle) to CSPro in the future!

Thanks in advance,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
josh

Re: Excel to CSPro: multiple sheet dictionary

Post by josh »

Unfortunately Excel2CSpro does not supporting creating a dictionary from multiple spreadsheets. You would have to create a dictionary for each worksheet and then merge them into a single dictionary by copying the records from each individual dictionary into a single dictionary.
htuser

Re: Excel to CSPro: multiple sheet dictionary

Post by htuser »

Thank you Josh! Since in SQLServer2CSpro you already implement this functionality
Tables in the SQL Server database are mapped to records in the CSPro data dictionary.

The systems makes a few assumptions:

Table names in the SQL server database will match record names in the CSPro dictionary
Column names in the SQL server database will match item names in the CSPro dictionary
The items used as id-items in CSPro will correspond to columns appearing in each table in SQL server, with the same name, in order to link together rows in the same case.
Please can we have the same in Excel2Cspro?

Thanks in advance,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004