Concatenate error messages

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

Concatenate error messages

Post by AriSilva »

I´m executing a concatenation of several files, and it does the job.
However, at the end it says that no input files were found.
The pff and the output list are attached.
Attachments
ENANI_51_Le_Grava_Concatena.zip
(869 Bytes) Downloaded 245 times
Best
Ari
aaronw

Re: Concatenate error messages

Post by aaronw »

I tried concatenating a few files on my D drive, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.
concat.PNG
concat.PNG (5.34 KiB) Viewed 3905 times
When specifying the output file make sure it doesn't exist and see if you are able to reproduce the issue.
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

I´ve moved the files to a temp directory, and changed the pff accordingly, but got the same result, although, as I said before, it executes successfully. Attached the files.

Another issue with the Concatenate is that in another concatenation it says that there is a duplicate record in both files (I´m concatenating only two files), but the specified "duplicated" record is not in one of the files. Does it have to do with the internal UUID?
Attachments
Concat.zip
(513.93 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Best
Ari
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

I duplicated your path and tried again without success.
concat.PNG
concat.PNG (13.73 KiB) Viewed 3887 times
Since this is the first time I have heard of this, and it's not blocking you, I am going to file it away and see if it comes up again in the future.
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

I´m still using version 7.1
Might be it?
Best
Ari
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

I´ve tried to change the version number in the pff, to 7.2, but the program does not check it, still executes the 7.1.
I have both versions installed but I left the 7.1 being the default (I reinstalled the 7.1 after the 7.2). The reason for that is that I still have many surveys in the field using the 7.1
But, when I called the cspro 7.2 icon and used the concatenate tool, it worked beautifully.
By the way, the Concatenate tool does not have a menu to load a concatenation pff.

And what about the question of the duplicate key which is not duplicated in the files. Do you think it is related with the 7.1 version, or the UUID, or anything else?
Best
Ari
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

To CSPro the UUID is what makes the case unique. This is an implementation detail that you as the user of CSPro shouldn't have to know about. However, when we give out tidbits like uuid(DICT_NAME) the implementation layer is exposed. My guess is that the UUIDs match.