Specify value set to be exported

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
jiofack

Specify value set to be exported

Post by jiofack »

Hi to all,

How to specify the value set to use for exportation.

Before using the multilanguage dictionnary, we used to set VS1 for english and VS2 for french. For exportation, it was considering the valueset on the top. For those applications, how can I set exportation such that it exports VS1 or VS2?
josh

Re: Specify value set to be exported

Post by josh »

dmuriel

Post by dmuriel »

Hi to all,
The indicated solution is when the languages have been set in the dictionary.

But the issue I am having (me too) is when the languages where not set in the dictionary, how to make any specify value set to be exported?
(
The setlanguage is not relevant because I did not properly translate the dictionary- according to the multi language dictionary options, I dit not set my two languages, I instead used _vs1 for the first language and _vs2 for the second language.

I am trying with the "setvaluesets ("_vs2") " , the result remain the same : only the first value set is exported.
)
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Every time a new case is loaded, value sets get reset to their original value (the first--primary--value set), so it's not enough to call setvalueset at the beginning of your application or in an item-related PROC.

The labels get exported at the end of your application, so make sure that any setvalueset calls occur in the application postproc.
dmuriel

Post by dmuriel »

Gregory Martin wrote: September 14th, 2020, 11:11 am Every time a new case is loaded, value sets get reset to their original value (the first--primary--value set), so it's not enough to call setvalueset at the beginning of your application or in an item-related PROC.

The labels get exported at the end of your application, so make sure that any setvalueset calls occur in the application postproc.
It is ok now that I put it at the post proc of my application.
Thank you