Can we set the CSPro synchronization log file ?

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
vgonzalez

Can we set the CSPro synchronization log file ?

Post by vgonzalez »

Greetings CSPro developer team and all collaborating developer users

I am writing to you this time to find out if there is a possibility to configure or reassign the path or location of the CSPro synchronization log file (SYNC.LOG)?

I consult it because I have had some Laptops with Windows 10, which have a Desktop App developed in CSPro 7.5.1 installed, and it allows them to show the empty synchronization report (The synchronization report looks for the Sync.log file in the %AppData% folder \CSPro and generates a report listing the synchronizations).

However, there are some problems with some laptops that I think is a Windows thing, but I still consult, because now inside the %AppData% folder, there are three folders %Local%, %LocalLow% and %Roaming%, where for In some cases, the functionality runs smoothly and shows the file that is modified by CSPro when doing the transactions, but in other cases, it doesn't.

Try in the same way as the CSPro help indicates, entering the Help menu option in CSPro Designer (Troubleshooting), where CSPro tells me the path where the file should be, and although I try to manually copy the file in the path , and although later the Help menu option indicated shows me the path and file to copy, the file is not populated when doing transactions to and from the laptop.

Thank you in advance for your time and response.
savy

Re: Can we set the CSPro synchronization log file ?

Post by savy »

You cannot change the location of the log file. The user account that is logged in will have permissions to write to the %appdata%\CSPro
Try running data viewer and download / sync a file and check if the sync.log file is getting written out.