How to download ignored and conflicted cases from dropbox

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
bukanpeneliti

How to download ignored and conflicted cases from dropbox

Post by bukanpeneliti »

Dear CSPro team,
Is there any way to download all cases from dropbox, including ignored and conflicted cases?
There is one case that is recently modified by an interviewer. After modifying the case, the interviewer uploaded the data to dropbox. However, when I downloaded the data from dropbox, the recently modified case did not appear in my downloaded data. When I looked at the sync.log, I found ignored and conflicted cases. I've read a post when Josh, if I'm not mistaken, explained about the difference between new cases, updated, ignored, and conflicts cases. In my case, I have the following (I also attach sync.log file)

Code: Select all

2021-11-18 10:57:18,352 INFO: Downloaded 997 cases
2021-11-18 10:57:18,352 INFO: 640 new cases, 0 updated, 329 ignored, 28 conflicts
I guess this problem appears because I used two different synchronization methods. In the interviewer tablet, I applied syncfile method, i.e. send the to the dropbox. After they send their cases using syncfile, I manually synchronized (PUT) uploaded file using data viewer -> File -> Synchronize -> Dropbox (online).
Is it possible to solve this problem?

Many thanks,
Hafiz
Attachments
sync.log
(21.99 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
aaronw

Re: How to download ignored and conflicted cases from dropbox

Post by aaronw »

The sync.log reported 997 cases were downloaded. This is the sum of 640 new cases, 329 ignored cases, and 28 conflicts.

640 new cases - These cases did not exist in the CSDB file that resides on your computer
329 ignored cases - These cases exist in the CSDB file that resides on your computer and are the same or newer than what is on Dropbox
28 conflicts - These cases exist in the CSDB file that resides on your computer and the interviewer's tablet. Additionally, both cases are modified, so CSWeb doesn't know which information is newer.

The ignored cases aren't downloaded from the server, because they don't need to be. The conflict cases are your issue. My suggestion would be to have an enumerator open the case you couldn't download and have them temporarily change a field and synchronize again. Then double check to see whether you're able to download it.

Conflicts arise when two people on separate devices modify the same case and then synchronize. This shouldn't be allowed to happen. To simplify the workflow only allow the enumerator to modify their case. Does your workflow include Bluetooth synchronizations?