How to sync and send all surveys on DropBox

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
ctpacheco

How to sync and send all surveys on DropBox

Post by ctpacheco »

HI
My name is Carlos
I'm developing an application in CSPro 7.6 to run on Tablet.
I'm using DROPBOX to do the synchronism.
It's all OK.
Only when I send the .dat file, only the latest updates come, or rather I read that the synchronization always sends new and changed surveys to the DropBox server.

I would like if possible that whenever the person using it sends all the questionnaires.

I'm using the following code (There are four tablets, so I used these different ways to send them to dropbox:

if syncconnect(Dropbox) = 1 then
if COD_ENT_W=1 then
syncfile(PUT,"/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/gov.census.cspro.csentry/files/csentry/Dados/Jauari.dat","\Tablet_1\Dados\jauari.dat");
endif;
if COD_ENT_W=2 then
syncfile(PUT,"/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/gov.census.cspro.csentry/files/csentry/Dados/Jauari.dat","\Tablet_2\Dados\jauari.dat");
endif;
if COD_ENT_W=3 then
syncfile(PUT,"/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/gov.census.cspro.csentry/files/csentry/Dados/Jauari.dat","\Tablet_3\Dados\jauari.dat");
endif;
if COD_ENT_W=4 then
syncfile(PUT,"/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/gov.census.cspro.csentry/files/csentry/Dados/Jauari.dat","\Tablet_4\Dados\jauari.dat");
endif;
ctpacheco

Re: How to sync and send all surveys on DropBox

Post by ctpacheco »

Hi
My name is Carlos.
I am developing an application and I need to send the completed questionnaires using dropbox.
Hey read that only new and changed questionnaires are sent.
Not all surveys (the entire .dat file) are sent
I would like to know if there is a way to always sync send the complete .dat file?

Another question, I didn't find a way to differentiate the files with the date or time of transmission or put the username.

Below the transmission code, there are four different tablets so I created four folders in the dropbox to receive:

I appreciate any help
Thank you very much
Carlos T Pacheco
============================================
if syncconnect(Dropbox) = 1 then

if COD_ENT_W=1 then
syncfile(PUT,"/Android/data/gov.census.cspro.csentry/files/csentry/Dados/Jauari.dat","\Tablet_1\Dados\jauari.dat");
endif;

if COD_ENT_W=2 then
syncfile(PUT,"/Android/data/gov.census.cspro.csentry/files/csentry/Dados/Jauari.dat","\Tablet_2\Dados\jauari.dat");
endif;

if COD_ENT_W=3 then

syncfile(PUT,"/Android/data/gov.census.cspro.csentry/files/csentry/Dados/Jauari.dat","\Tablet_3\Dados\jauari.dat");
endif;

if COD_ENT_W=4 then
syncfile(PUT,"/Android/data/gov.census.cspro.csentry/files/csentry/Dados/Jauari.dat","\Tablet_4\Dados\jauari.dat");
endif;

syncdisconnect();

endif;
end;
aaronw

Re: How to sync and send all surveys on DropBox

Post by aaronw »

When using syncdata on a CSDB file only changes are synchronized. However, you're using syncfile with a DAT file, so the entire file will be sent every time you synchronize (which sounds like the functionality you want). I recommend using pathconcat with the application argument, so you don't need to hardcode the path (can vary depending on tablet). https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/p ... ction.html

You could include staff code in the questionnaire and have the enumerator enter their code/name when they begin the application.