I need your help

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Murisy

I need your help

Post by Murisy »

I ask you for help in this matter, which is that I have a data entry system consisting of four different applications, health, electricity, education, and water. The important thing is that the number of files that will come from researchers is many, and I want to synchronize data for each type using Bluetooth because other mechanisms are not available to us. Please help and support.
aaronw

Re: I need your help

Post by aaronw »

For Bluetooth synchronization you''ll need to write logic to control the synchronization. While implementations will vary this is how I do it.

I have an menu application that allows a supervisor and a interviewer to log in. It's important that there are two types of users, because this will allow you to run different logic for each user. For instance, the interviewer will run logic to start the server by calling syncserver and the supervisor will run logic to issue sync commands.

We have an example that is installed with CSPro and the most current version will be located here: \Documents\CSPro\Examples 7.6\1 - Data Entry\CAPI Census. The PIN for the INTVW01 and SUPER01 is 1234. I would deploy the application to two devices and log in as an inteviewer and supervisor and a Bluetooth synchronization.

Once, you have a feel for the application drop into the logic and take a look at:
  1. Line 1011 supervisor will call SyncWithInterviewer()
  2. Line 1100 interviewer will call StartServer() from INTERVIEWER_MENU proc
Walk through SyncWithInterviewer() and understand the functionality. Look up the different sync keywords in the helps. With StartServer() there isn't much to know. The server will call syncserver to start the server and listen for commands issued by the supervisor.
Murisy

Post by Murisy »

Thanks for you
Can you send me this example because I don't have it.
I want to know the mechanism of Bluetooth to sync the data between devices.
I meen more than interview device with the same device of supervisor. By using logic file.
I have one more question to you?
The data file from the interviewers devices have the same name.when connect to the supervisor device by Bluetooth the all cases will collect in data file in supervisor device?
This is what I need to do .... could you explane these issues please. .
Best wishes to you.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

After opening the CSPro Designer, click Help -> Examples Folder.

That will open the examples folder on your machine. From there you can go into 1 - Data Entry\CAPI Census. Let us know if you still can't find the example.