Updating installed application not working on tablet

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
wimneel

Updating installed application not working on tablet

Post by wimneel »

Hi,

I recently developed an application in CSPro 7.6 and deployed it to a CSWeb server. Synchronizing works fine – downloading the app and uploading the data – both on my phone (that I use for testing, a Samsung Galaxy S8) and on the tablets that will be used in the field (Samsung Galaxy Tab E).
Then I made a few minor changes to the app and deployed it again. Now, running “update installed applications” on the smartphone works as expected, but the tablets recognize there is a new version of the app, but trying to install it, I get the following error message:
Error downloading application package "Baro2021". Check that package exists on the server and check your network connection. Check the server for errors.
I attach the sync log and the api log, hoping you will be able to solve this mystery. (I changed the name of the server, but if you need it, just let me know).
Attachments
sync.log
sync log for tablet
(1.72 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
api-2021-06-21.log
corresponding api log
(730 Bytes) Downloaded 154 times
aaronw

Re: Updating installed application not working on tablet

Post by aaronw »

Looking at the api log, it looks like it is hanging up when it tries to compare the build times. As a workaround I would try deleting the installed application and see if you're then able to download/install the new version. Have you been able to reproduce this on multiple devices?
wimneel

Post by wimneel »

Hi,

You mean deleting the application on the tablet? That would imply erasing the existing data, wouldn't it?
No, I have worked only with one tablet so far.
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

Sorry, I meant the Packages folder on the tablet.
wimneel

Post by wimneel »

Deleted the Packages folder on the tablet, and then tried to install the application again.
Got the same error message and the sync.log was identical to the one I posted earlier.
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

Another thought. Try deleting the app off of CSWeb and redeploying it.

Also, you mention developing the application in CSPro 76. Are you also using CSEntry and CSWeb 76?
wimneel

Post by wimneel »

Yes, CSWeb and CSEntry are both 7.6.
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

Did you try deleting the app off of CSWeb and redeploying it? If that doesn't fix it, can you attach your app and deploy specification? I'll see if I can replicate the issue.
wimneel

Post by wimneel »

Thank you very much for your help.
I sent you the app by PM.
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

Thanks I deployed your application and installed it and then updated, but I could not reproduce the issue. I'm thinking this has to do with the specific device. Does this work correctly on any of your devices? I am wondering if this is an issue specific to the device. Also, what versions of Android are on the devices that are failing (Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy Tab E)? If any are succeeding what are their make/model and Android version?